Monday, November 4, 2013

Ain’t No Party Like a Pinterest Party


So the day finally came; our little pumpkin’s 1st birthday party!  Since the day I picked my C-section date I have been anticipating this day.  My mom, sister, and cousin already planned to fly in two days before the party to help me out.  Little did we know how much work we would be doing.

Since my son is older, his birthday parties are done outside of the home, and now I remember why.  Let me first say the party was a success, and I would have never been able to do it without the help of my family. 

This is where the hours upon hours I have spent on Pinterest are going to help out. For a year, I have been pinning ideas for Halloween parties, food, decorations, you name it!! Now it was time to put these ideas into action. 


There was printing of templates, cutting, pasting, hot gluing, and taping.  It took all of us up to the hour before the party started to completely finish the decorations and food.  I can honestly say, probably 90% of the party was Pinterest inspired.  Here is just a small list of the Pinterest inspirations: costume, cake design, bats on the walls, trash bag spider webs, deviled eggs with olive spiders on top, backdrop for the smash cake event, tutu around the high chair, Happy Birthday banner, tablescape, jack-o-lantern fruit cups, and beautiful pumpkins covered in lace.  I could go on and on, but I will let the pictures speak for themselves. 

 

  

I had planned on preparing for this party weeks in advance, but I still don’t have a routine down where I can carve out at least an hour of time after both kids are asleep.  Between attempting to work out, laundry, bottle washing (which is almost coming to an end!), and cleaning, the party kind of sneaked up on me and the only thing I accomplished was buying the supplies!  I cannot express how thankful I am for my wonderful family that helped make this party a memorable one.  I definitely recommend getting ideas from Pinterest if you are going to have a party at home, but make sure you manage your time accordingly!

Janet Fragle works in customer engagement for innovative technology solutions at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and is Mom to a 10-year-old boy and one-year-old girl.

1 comment: