Friday, February 22, 2013

Like a Moth to a Flame


I wasn’t proficient at this “instrument” but both of my kids are!

When Henry was just starting to become mobile he was drawn to the door stop like a moth to the flame. He found every single one in our house and everywhere we went. We had to go around and take all the little white caps off because they were just small enough to be a choking hazard.

I remember one particular time when we were at a friends house and we took about three of the little white caps off in their living/kitchen area. My friend was pregnant at the time and laughed and said something along the lines that we were helping baby proof her house. Gooooood times!

Well, Lucy is on her way to doing the same thing. She has found the one in the living room and crawls in that direction.

She has become a crawler so things are getting pretty exciting. My house is pretty well kid proof, outlet covers, cabinet locks, and bumpers on the fireplace. But it’s amazing to me what these little people are excited to get there hands on. In our first house with Henry, it was relatively small and there wasn’t too much he could get into so he had free reign. We could always hear him because he would sit there and play with the door stops, so Ken and I would just follow the sound.

I’m excited to see what Lucy will find to play with that I didn’t think of. She hasn’t ventured too far yet but I think it’s only a matter of time. To only know what is going on in that little mind of theirs.

What surprised you when your kids became mobile? Was there something they had to get their hands on?


Laine Moses is a stay-at-home-Mom to Henry and Lucy.



No comments:

Post a Comment